R. Scott Haupt, M.D. - Plastic Surgery
Over 10,000 Procedures Completed.
Dr. Haupt is one of the finest plastic surgeons in Utah and the country. He has been recognized in successive years in Forbes magazine and the local TV news as a leading provider of plastic surgeons in the United States. Dr. Haupt believes in helping the individual. His personal attention and care for each patient has become his trademark. He is always available to communicate with his patients through text or phone.
Dr. Haupt has completed over 10,000 procedures.
Dr. Haupt is very open and honest about the outcomes that patients can expect. He is frequently heard to say “the goal is improvement, not perfection.” Although several of his patients would argue that they have achieved perfection. During a consultation, each patient will get an honest and accurate personal evaluation from Dr. Haupt.
Dr. Haupt is also a skilled reconstructive surgeon who has privileges at several area hospitals. He is frequently consulted by other physicians and nurse practitioners to help on difficult cases.
When Dr. Haupt is not seeing patients he enjoys spending time with his family, tennis, cycling, and some travelling. He has competed on the national level in tennis, and plays alongside his wife of 26 years in local tennis leagues.
Fun Fact: Dr. Haupt has always wanted to purchase a crystal ball. "I would like to gaze into it to let patients know what they will look like after surgery so that I can guarantee their success and improvement."
University of Utah School of Medicine, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Salt Lake City, Utah 84132
Plastic Surgery Residency Program
Board Certified in Plastic Surgery, September 2002
John Marshall University, Department of Surgery
Huntington, West Virginia, 25704
General Surgery Residency Program
July 1989 – June 1994
Board Eligible in General Surgery
St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, 63104
Doctor of Medicine Degree, May 1989
Whitman College, Walla, Washington 99362
Bachelor of Arts, Biology, 1984
Part I: 550
Part II: 545
Part III: 560
PRACTICE INFORMATION Private Practice, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
July 1996 – December 2000, 6040 Fashion B lvd, Murray Utah 84107
December 2000 – March 2004, 9829 South 1300 East, Ste 200, Sandy Utah 84094
March 2004 - Present, 5292 South College Drive, Ste 302, Murray Utah 84123
September 1997 - March 2004, Medical Director Health South Wound Care Clinic
February 2003 - March 2004, President Rocky Mountain Association of Plastic Reconstruction Surgery
• Jejunal Diverticulosis, Southeastern Surgical Congress Conference, April 1991
• Jejunal Papillomatosis of the Breast, Southeastern Surgical Congress Conference April 1991
• Blunt Thoracic Aortic Rupture at Level II Trauma Center, West Virginia College of Surgeons, Oct. 1992
• Presenter at region III Trauma Paper Competition, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, December 1992
• Cholecystocutaneous Fistulas, Southeastern Surgical Congress Conference, February 1993
• Surgical Correction of Sagittal Synostosis, Plastic Surgery Senior Resident Conference, April 1996
• Conscious Sedation, Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Conference, February 2000
• Breast Augmentation with Sedation, Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Conference, March 2002
• Advances in Wound Care, Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Conference, March 2002
• Update on Wound Care, Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Conference, March 2003
• Are you HIPAA compliant?, Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Conference, March 2003
• CPT Coding for a Plastic Surgeon’s Office, Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Conference, March 2003
• President: Rocky Mountain Association of plastic surgeons, 2005-2006
Utah State Plastic Surgical Society, member
Sigma Chi Fraternity
Utah Medical Association, member
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, member
American Society of Plastic Surgery, member
First Congregational Church, member
Murray Chamber of Commerce, member
Seddon Award for Most Exemplary Resident, 1993
One of 10 leading plastic surgeons in the USA as seen in Forbes Magazine, 2009-11